Thread: Everquest 2

Default Everquest 2

whats up peeps. Some friends and I are in the process of looking for a guild. Someone from KOT mentioned it to my friend in game.

Couple of questions:

1: You guys seem to have a primary player base of DAOC, what sort of player base do you have in EQ2?

2: What is the avg player lvl of KOT in EQ2?

I'm not sure if you can see it, but http://eq2players.station.sony.com/e...guildId=865120 has all your answers. I play in the late evenings PST and there's always a few ppl online and in teamspeak channels. What are you guys looking for in a guild?
    Doula Doom (DAoC) | Corrupted (SB) | Duuma (WoW) | Rofl (EQ2) | Panic (AoC) | Doula (WHR) | Doom Rofl (DFO) | Ddoom (GW2) | Doula Doom (DF:UW)

Quote Originally Posted by Doula Doom
    I'm not sure if you can see it, but http://eq2players.station.sony.com/e...guildId=865120 has all your answers. I play in the late evenings PST and there's always a few ppl online and in teamspeak channels. What are you guys looking for in a guild?

What are we looking for in a guild?

1. Members who know what they are doing.
    2. Guild support in-game.
    3. Should we join KOT we would want the community to respect/fear us in EQ2
    4. A guild who will enjoy the high end raid content of the game.
    5. Members who enjoy PVP and kick ass at it.
    6. A guild which uses ventrillo/teamspeak, but which also communicates with members in guild chat.

I've played numerous pvp mmo's starting with SWG,COH,WOW,EQ2. I'm good at it, and I enjoy it. I left my last guild in EQ2 because a.) it wasn't growing, b.) the leadership ring of about 5 people basically had a circle which excluded all others, this included grouping/pvp'ing.

What are your ambitions in EQ2? I understand KOT has only been formed in EQ2 for a couple weeks now. Do others plan on switching from DAOC? Are you guys actively looking for new recruits in EQ2?

Also the fact that your guild KOT is in several different games, I find appealing.

Drivenmad

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Drivenmad
    What are we looking for in a guild?
    Who is this "WE" you speak of?

And, yes the guild has been around for a long time, many of us are in KoT not just because of gaming events. Although our primary focus is the game enviroment of course. We also hold some Real Life events.

As far as moving into EQ2, the reason the guild is moving in now is because the PVP server is opening up. As a guild we don't like to play on those pussy blue servers. We like to kill people and hammer down grief.

I personally am not moving over to EQ2, but the guild is recruiting. Message anyone in the guild in game and get our TS info. I'm sure they'll play with you to see if it's a good fit for the guild and you.

Again, why do "We" refer to "Ourselves" in the plural?

1. Since most of us are new to EQ2, we're understandably still learning the details. We're a long term guild (been around since before UO) and we usually stick around in games for a good long while, so we're not racing to the level cap. Actually, we're right where we want to be in terms of levels; with the level range in place, we probably have the most PvP targets right now.

2. KoT always supports its own.

3. Obviously you make your own fear and earn your own respect; those who dont know to run when they see our tags soon learn.

4. We're not really a high end raid guild... that content is usually for the powerlevelling zerg guilds. We certainly hit that content when we get to those levels and have the alliances to do that, but high end raids are not part of our mandate. We're a PvP guild.

5. Every night.

6. Most of our members cant read or write, so we all use teamspeak. No, thats not really true, but teamspeak is a requirement if we're doing anything... you dont have to speak in it but you have to be able to hear the group leaders when they're calling targets or sending orders.

Once you achieve a member status in EQ (couple weeks), you can invite members yourself. We are open to new players but we arent actively recruiting yet because we're all having a good time just PvPing. More members often means more drama, and thats something we like to avoid because it takes away from the gaming. I dont think we really have a leadership 'ring'; I'm co-GM in EQ2 and I'll invite pretty much anyone to my groups. Of course, eq2 is all new to me so we invariably end up lost.
    Doula Doom (DAoC) | Corrupted (SB) | Duuma (WoW) | Rofl (EQ2) | Panic (AoC) | Doula (WHR) | Doom Rofl (DFO) | Ddoom (GW2) | Doula Doom (DF:UW)

REAL LIFE EVENTS

VEGAS FTW!

Im also co-gm in eq2 and once your in KoT you will soon learn that once your KoT anyone will do anythign they can to help you. But people to expect help in return. If your one of those people that thinks the guilds main focus should be to help you then this is the wrong place. you need to have think skin or you will not last long either.
    WOW
    Sllow lvl 80 Hunter

DAOC
    MORDRED
    Stunsjoo lvl 50 Enchanter Convoker 6 DEAD
    Necrodnacer lvl 50 Necromancer LGM tailor DEAD
    Joosgonna lvl 50 Runemaster DEAD
    Sloburn lvl 50 Hero Battlemaster 4 DEAD
    Mowoood lvl 50 Animist Convoker 10 DEAD
    Sloburrn lvl 50 Ranger Battlemaster 1 DEAD
    Sloburnn lvl 50 Vamp DEAD
    Reavtic lvl 50 Reaver DEAD
    Higherpowerd lvl 50 nightshade DEAD
    Slotaur lvl 50 mauler Battlemaster 10 DEAD
    Buffzillaa lvl 47 Druid DEAD
    Kormo lvl 50 Scout DEAD
    LANCELOT
    Sloburn lvl 50 vamp ml 8 banelord DEAD
    Percival
    Kormo lvl 50 sorc DEAD
    Slllo lvl 46 scout DEAD

VANGUARD
    Slobard lvl 24 Bard WASTE OF TIME

If your one of those people that thinks the guilds main focus should be to help you then this is the wrong place. you need to have think skin or you will not last long either.
    I am a believe one should put in support in order to get support. Was just trying to ask if the guild is good at helping each other out. It's a mutual thing.

I belive you meant thick skin. Thats not a problem here.

Obviously you make your own fear and earn your own respect; those who dont know to run when they see our tags soon learn.
    Good, thats how i feel exactly.

We're not really a high end raid guild... that content is usually for the powerlevelling zerg guilds. We certainly hit that content when we get to those levels and have the alliances to do that, but high end raids are not part of our mandate. We're a PvP guild.
    PVP sounds great to me, after all Nagafen is a PVP server and its why the majority of players rolled toons there. I like to raid as well and even though KOT isn't a "high end raid guild" It sounds like some members would still like to raid thru alliances and what not for the gear.

More members often means more drama, and thats something we like to avoid because it takes away from the gaming.
    I fucking hate drama and I stay away from those that bring it.

Who is this "WE" you speak of?
    My self, and a friend in game who goes by Toxicmoon. I have a rl friend who plays with me and so does he, so in essence there are four of us.. I do talk to myself sometimes as well if that counts....

We like to kill people and hammer down grief.
    Muhahahhahaahaha!

You guys sound like you have your shit together. I'll talk with toxic (my ingame friend) and see if we can find a couple of ya to group with.

Looking forward to meeting KOT.

Drivenmad

Well, i wouldnt go so far as to say we have our shit together or really in any sort of semblance of togetherness, but hit any KoT up in game they can all invite you. My name ingame is Rofl btw.

did we pass the interview?

Knight

I think if you're looking for a lot of raiding, you may be in the wrong place. I, for one, happen to be of the opinion that playing hard in the PvE environment is a great way to increase the efficiency of subsequent PKing/griefing/making people angry, but that's something I learned during my time in Darkenbane.

My time in KoT has only really taught me that the best part of raiding/PvE play is that when you ruin it for other people, their reactions are hilarious. That, though is the most important lesson I've learned since I started playing MMOs.

Just my two cents.
    -Knights of Terror (EverQuest)